In the case of wanting to learn Power Apps or teach a class on Power Apps it is very likely you will need a clean environment in which to start.
This document will walk through a solution for creating a new trial Microsoft Office tenant, starting a Power Apps trial and creating a Trial environment for you to either go through training content self paced or deliver that content.
- To get started with most Power Apps training you will need an organizational ID and a Tenant that will allow you to create an environment. One of the easiest ways to get a new Organizational ID and Tenant you have permissions to is create an Office Developer Tenant. To this Navigate to: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/dev-program and click JOIN NOW
- Fill out the requested information about yourself
- Fill out the requested information about your interests
- Close the Introduction Dialog
- Now that you have a Developer Account we can create an Office trial Tenant…with full E5 services!
- Fill out the information about yourself. Note this information is used to create the Tenant and information you will be using regularly.
- The activation requires an MFA handshake…supply this information for your own phone.
- TADA You know have an E5 Office Tenant for 90 days!
- Inside this same browser session Navigate to PowerApps.com and select “Try Free”. Either from the middle of the page or the menu at the top right.
- Login using the credentials you supplied in step 6 above.
- Supply Geography information for the Power Apps trial
- Accept the introduction dialog.
- At this point you are now ready for any of the self-paced training found at: https://aka.ms/PowerAppstraining
Note: While this Tenant came with 25 users this tenant did not come with any Common Data Service capacity. So while the first user will be able to create a trial environment, additional users will need to use that same environment.